Monday, March 15, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

Hi guys! Just wanted to write a quick note. Last week I finished the book and today I'm busy getting a query letter started. I'm only saying it's finished because if I don't it'll never be done. I made the mistake of peeking at my Prologue. Not good. It still stinks, but I'm hoping it's passable. Only because if it isn't, then that means I'll have work on my Prologues a little harder or cut them out all together. That's something that I'd rather not do, considering it's a pivotal part of the book. It introduces the reader to the location where our victim meets his demise. Plus, it makes it easy for me to write the story without having to stop and explain the significances of every reference pertaining to the location.
I would say more, but I have to get that query letter going. Unfortunately, they don't write themselves.

-Greg Wilhelm, author of 'The Pendleton Files'.

No comments:

Post a Comment