Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pendleton Files update!

   My book is available for purchase in ebook form through Apple's iTunes (iBooks), Barnes & Noble's Nook, Sony and Diesel ebooks. 

   Due to the lack of sales, (Apparently, I need to write "Fifty Shades of Lydia".) I've lowered the price from $6.99 to $2.99. It will remain at that price until I publish the next book in the series "File 31410: Pioneer Courthouse Square". That book, when published, will be $2.99, and the first book, "File 3297: The Shanghai Tunnels" will be free. This will be the only time I do this. The books that follow File 31410 will be priced at $2.99 or higher.

Now for more bad news.

   Due to the lack of sales, I have to depend on having a paying job in order to ... well ... live. Because of this, I only have one hour in day, Monday through Friday, for writing. So if you plan to wait until the first book is free ... 
   Let me put it this way. I had only one hour in a day (M-F) to write the first book. The file numbers (3297 and 31410) are the dates that I started writing the books. (I published 3297, that's March, 29 2007, last May. 2012.) So you might be waiting a long time to get the first book for free.
   Don't worry. It's not going to be four years before I publish the next one. I cut my teeth on the first one and have learned a lot. Thanks to some advice given to me in person by Lisa Scottoline, I no longer spend a lot of time on editing before I finish the first draft. When I published File 3297, I already had fourteen chapters of the next book written. 'Course I was collecting unemployment at the time.

Next Week: "What's The Pendleton Files?"

No comments:

Post a Comment